La Crosse Promise Hosts Job Fairs
La Crosse, WI April 20, 2018 — La Crosse Promise Future Centers are hosting two job fairs for high school students on April 24 at Central High School and on May 1 at Logan High School. Employers from the area will have the opportunity to meet with potential employees.
Tuesday April 24, Central High School, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Tuesday, May 1, Logan High School, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
About La Crosse Promise Future Centers
We are working to maximize the number of students with plans to attend college or vocational school upon graduation. This not only bolsters a student’s economic participation in their future, it also strengthens our city. Since 2012, our highly-trained advisors have guided thousands of La Crosse students through the post-high school planning process.
Our purposes include:
- Share data regarding earning potential, training needed
- Arrange careerspeakers and job shadows
- Workforce preparation
- Classroom presentations and individual meetings on college exploration
- Provide parents with guidance for post-secondary timeline and options
- Coordinate campus tours.
- Promote college awareness events
Financial Aid Education
- Offer FAFSAworkshops, events, and assistance
- Help with finding scholarships and completing applications
- Present parent programs which explain the cost of college
- Host programs on student personal finance and budgeting
- Host job fairs for students
Post-Secondary Enrollment Guidance
- Communicate with admissions staffs to determine best practices
- Collaborate with Logan/Central AVID staff to maximize school enrollment
- Assist students with application process, including required documents and follow-up
- Facilitate setting up and utilizing school accounts and summer orientation registration
- Mentor at-risk students (at risk for not making it to college) over the summer months