La Crosse Promise Employment Opportunity
La Crosse Promise is seeking a Community Engagement Manager to join a dynamic non-profit working on innovative education programs serving the community.
At the core of this position is building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing partners in the region. Among the relationships you will be responsible for will be Promise families, donors, community organizations across all sectors, and the public. You will be relied upon to recognize and develop synergies across these core audiences.
This role will focus on two primary areas: communications and development strategy essential to the operations and growth of La Crosse Promise. The position is afforded flexible work hours but will also include some evenings and occasional weekends. The position reports to the executive director.
The Community Engagement Manager will:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic communications plan.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive development strategy.
- Provide administrative and operations support where needed.
Who you are:
- Someone with tremendous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- An effective writer and communicator.
- A quick study who can execute day-to-day tasks while also considering the big picture.
- A critical thinker that exercises good judgment.
- A civically-engaged person interested in shaping the culture of an impactful nonprofit as it grows, as well as shaping the resources we deploy in service of the community.
Who we are:
La Crosse Promise believes that by improving access and equity in education we improve the entire community. We believe in investing in people through educational incentives. We believe that an education-minded community will experience decreased crime, decreased poverty, greater social connection, and greater overall health. Read more about our mission at lacrossepromise.org.
Direct any questions to Brian Liesinger at email@example.com. To apply, send Brian a letter of interest, resume, and references. Optional: include any portfolio items or work samples that you believe are relevant to the position.